Advocacy Manager, Child Poverty
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Advocacy Manager, Child Poverty ( 2 years FTC) at any existing Save the Children office location. The holder of this role is responsible for developing policy and driving the design and implementation of effective global child poverty advocacy strategies and tactics for Save the Children, drawing on technical expertise, experience and learning across child poverty and other relevant areas promoting a local to global approach. The holder will coordinate our work internally and represent Save the Children externally
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Policy and advocacy experience within the field of child poverty, including in relation to cash transfers, strengthening of social protection systems and universal child benefits
- Demonstrable track record in influencing at global, regional and/or national level
- Demonstrated expertise in key child poverty thematic areas, including cash transfers, child-sensitive and shock responsive social protection systems. Expertise on universal child benefits desirable.
- Good knowledge of child rights and the SDGs
- An ability to think strategically, to analyse complex information and offer creative, practical and high-impact solutions
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- Proven ability to build networks with diverse partners in pursuit of common goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to distil large amounts of information for a variety of audiences
- Experience of working in a complex organisational structure, preferably in a global context
- Experience of working in developing and/or humanitarian context is desirable
Commitment to Save the Children’s vision, mission, values and approach, including child safeguarding
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 3 Feb 2021
Closing date: 3 Mar 2021 - 02:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time