Country Director- Malawi
Country Director – Malawi
As a member of the East and Southern Africa Senior Leadership team, you will have shared accountability for Save the Children’s international development and emergency programming in the region of approximately $350 million each year through an organisation of almost 5,000 people.
To achieve our ambitious goals and breakthroughs for children, the leadership team will, in collaboration with Save the Children Members and in conjunction with the other regional organisations, aim to drive growth globally to $2.7 billion.
The Country Director will lead the growth and transform program quality of the country to new standards, whilst also delivering Save the Children’s strategy within the country through:
- Delivering quality programmes, including advocacy, for children; and
- Ensuring world class stewardship of resources from Members and their donors
- Delivering transformational change in-country
- Strategic Leadership
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Demonstratable leadership experience holding teams accountable for timely and quality delivery.
- Experience of managing a crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond
- Experience of leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders
- Experience of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Good understanding of programme, financial and operational management processes
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development
- A fluency and speaking and writing in English is required for this role
- Commitment to the Save the Children values
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 18 Jun 2022
Closing date: 4 Jul 2022 - 23:59 EAT
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Department: Programme Operations
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time