Junior Finance Business Partner – SC Europe
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Junior Finance Business Partner – SC Europe at any existing Save the Children International office location.
The role of the Financial Analysis and Business Partnering team is to provide quality strategic insight and effective finance partnering to key stakeholders to drive quality financial and business outcomes.
The role is responsible for providing remote finance support to Save the Children Europe. SC Europe is an entity located in Brussels that is responsible for delivering advocacy work to the Europe Union and leading on donor account management strategy and support on behalf of European members of Save the Children.
The role holder will be responsible for providing day-to-day financial management and lead on accounting and treasury activities for SC Europe, in cooperation with Office and HR Manager and SC Europe Director. The role will also work closely with the centre business partner to provide budget management support to SC Europe.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Relevant finance work experience in a Chartered Accounting, Commercial or NGO environment.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Good IT literacy including expertise in spread sheet modelling.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully and to work to tight deadlines in a high pressure organisation.
- Ability to liaise remotely with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to be proactive and logical in problem-solving scenarios.
- Thorough – high attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high quality work
- A good understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Conscientious and client focussed.
- Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and dashboard preparation.
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliation and analysis
- Experienced in a multi-currency Finance environment
- Understanding of Belgian payroll taxation
We can offer circa £36,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 27 Jul 2022
Closing date: 18 Aug 2022 - 01:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time