Proposal and Report Writer Coordinator
Proposal and Report Writer Coordinator
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Humanitarian Proposal and Report Writer Coordinator leads in the development of proposals, concept notes, and reports for the humanitarian unit. The role will ensure that programmes are developed using an integrated, cross-sectoral approach, and reflect the level of humanitarian need and the country office capacity to deliver. This role will lead on the development of proposals, and support the delivery of timely and quality reports to Save the Children Members and donors.
The post-holder is also expected to work closely with the programme teams, PDQ, Finance and Awards Management Team to ensure that proposals, reports, and projects are developed and implemented in compliance with donor requirements. The role will have frequent contact with Save the Children Members and is expected to mentor and/or capacity build existing country programme staff on both proposal development and report writing for various stakeholders including working groups, Members (Sitreps), Government, UNHCR etc...
The Humanitarian Proposal and Report Writer Coordinator will support and mentor the Emergency Response manager in strategic project management and high level operational leadership to implement a solid approach to achieving measurable humanitarian response results. The support will include strengthening his capacity to strategically engage with all key stakeholders i.e. Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), UNHCR, NGOs and other key stakeholders working on the ground. S/he will also support the Program manager in areas of budget management versus activity implementation and ensuring activities are implemented according to the plan. S/he will also build his capacity in data management.
The incumbent will be required to meet with the field manager on regular basis for strategic planning and decision making. This is not an oversight and management position but rather a capacity building role.
Contract Duration: 9 Months
Location: Kigoma, Tanzania
- Master degree on relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- 3 to 5 years' substantial experience working with a humanitarian/ development organisation
- Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets greater than $1 million.
- Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrable competence in proposal and report writing, including experience of budgeting
- Good understanding of donor compliance and Save the Children reporting mechanisms and requirements
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Proven capacity to deliver training and coach staff
- Strong representational skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written to produce end quality proposal and reports- required.
- Commitment to Save the Children International values.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agent