CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE NOMINATED AS A SUB RECIPIENTS FOR GLOBAL FUND FOR AIDS TUBERCULOSIS AND MALARIA (GFATM) SUPPORTED PROGRAMMES IN TANZANIA, MAINLAND
In 2013 the GFATM launched a new funding model which is designed to have predictable funding, to reward ambitious vision, to work on more flexible timings and with a smoother, shorter process that ensures a higher success rate of applications. To access this fund and in line with Global Fund guidelines, Tanzania through TNCM submitted a Joint TB/HIV Concept Note to the Global Fund which was approved in January 2015 where Save the Children and Ministry of Finance have been named as Principle Recipients.
Save the Children has started the grant making process which involves among other things and the nomination of Sub Recipients.
Save the Children invites applications from interested and reputable organizations/institutions that would like to be considered as Sub Recipients for the said grant. Sub Recipients will be tasked with the implementation for project activities at Regional, Districts and Community level.
Potential candidate organization/institutions should meet the following minimum requirements:
· Be an independent legal entity with an independent supervisory board and an organizational structure comprising effective leadership and management as well as transparent decision –making and accountability procedures.
· Have the legal capacity, status and right to enter into a grant agreement and have the ability to receive grants in accordance to the legislation currently in place.
· Be able to prove that it has experience in the implementation of HIV and TB activities with grants between US $500,000 to $2,000, 000 grants in the health sector and ideally have adequate technical expertise in infectious diseases (HIV and AIDS, Tuberculosis and Community/Health System Strengthening;
· Have wide expertise in cross-functional fields of legal and financial management but also in the fields of Monitoring & Evaluation. Experience in implementation of HIV/TB funded by GFATM would be considered a strong asset;
· Have staff (or be committed to hire such staff) with relevant qualifications, skills, background and experience in the implementation of projects HIV and TB projects
· Have an appropriate procurement and supply chain management system, financial management and other systems in place;
· Have adequate internal control systems that will enable the prompt preparation of regular and reliable financial statements and reports; should safeguard the Principal Recipients financial and physical assets; should be subject to and comply with acceptable auditing arrangements; ensure compliance; promote efficient and effective operations; and; allow for the accomplishment of the program goals and objectives.
The application or expression of interest must be in English and should be signed by an officially authorized signatory and submitted as one paper copy, on CD-ROM and email. Please use the checklist to ensure that all your documentation is included. No late applications will be considered.
Questions about this call may be submitted by e-mail to Save the Children throughTanzania.GFATM_SRsapplication@savethechildren.org
A face to face Q&A session will be conducted on the 24th March 2015 between 10:00 and 12:00 noon. All interested organizations are encouraged to attend. You should confirm your participation by 23rd March before 12.00 noon. The questions will be anonymized and published with answers on Save the Children website (https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/news)
Interested organization MUST request the Application Form and Guideline by emailing Tanzania.GFATM_SRsapplication@savethechildren.org
. The deadline for submission of the application is 31st March 2015.
Important: Please note that this Request for application does not constitute an award commitment on the part of Save the Children. Save the Children reserves the right to reject any or all applications or to award to any applicant who it deems suitable and meets the criteria.
Save the Children