Senior Global Campaigns Manager
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Senior Global Campaigns Manager at any existing Save the Children office location with up to 10-15% international travel when coronavirus restrictions are lifted. Local terms and conditions will apply.
Reports to: Director of Global Campaigns
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: Project oversight up to $100k
Role dimensions: This is a complex, demanding role that requires excellent strategic judgement; an ability to deliver effective campaigning activity in a large federated organisation; high-level external representation, network building and extensive public engagement and campaigning experience across a range of countries and cultures; active engagement with and leadership of Save the Children country offices and members.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of developing and delivering high ambition public campaigning and engagement approaches and strategies in a global context across a range of countries and cultures
- First class strategist: Proven experience in leading campaign strategy development, planning, delivery and evaluation, and mobilising resources behind its execution
- Excellent, collaborative leadership style and ability - proven campaign leadership at a senior level for at least 5 years, in a global context; ability to lead, convene and inspire in a complex networked organisation across a range of cultures
- Strong, proven experience in movement building campaigns approach, including sparking and nurturing partnerships with external networks / organisations to deliver campaign impact;
- First class high level project management skills – ability to hold and delivery complex campaign projects under pressure
- First class communication skills: the ability to communicate complex information verbally and in writing in a clear, simple way to wider staff, partners and campaigns audiences
- Creative flare, with experience of a range of campaigning techniques and approaches; with strong digital literacy in approaches to inspiring change
- A mature understanding of campaign and social movement trends and landscape
- Problem solver: Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in; ability to operate and make clear decisions in an environment of some uncertainty.
- Willingness and ability to conduct some international travel (once coronavirus restrictions are lifted)
- Passion for and ability to work effectively in a diverse setting
- Understanding of and commitment to Save the Children’s values and ways of working
- Experience of designing and leading campaign training and capacity building programmes.
- Strong experience in public engagement and mobilisation through digital approaches and tactics
- Experience of overseeing campaign contributions from a range of functional experts (advocacy, comms etc) including matrix management of staffed in dispersed team.
- Lived experience of delivering campaigning in diverse contexts, ideally Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Middle East
- Experience of supporting child or youth campaigning / activism
We can offer circa £ 50,000 per annum ( If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 20 Apr 2021
Closing date: 10 May 2021 - 01:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time