Global Content Officer
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Content Officer at London, UK or any existing Save the Children Regional or Country office location.
As a global movement Save the Children has exceptionally ambitious advocacy, supporter growth, fundraising and programme delivery targets designed to maximise the positive impact that we can have for children across the world.
Powerful and engaging content is critical to achieving this ambition, whether across fundraising targets, when lobbying for political change, or raising brand and media profile. We are looking to transform the way we tell stories, creating memorable interactions with supports through high quality, emotional, authentic global creative content.
The Global Creative Content Unit (GCCU) is a small and nimble team, providing children’s stories and supporter engagement content for Save the Children Members offices around the world.
As the Global Content Officer, you will maintain overview of all the projects/programmes across Save the Children and support team members in delivering information and content queries and requests to all members. You will help to produce fundraising and campaigns materials, creating captioned photography collections, facts, stats and case studies.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile, to help deliver content in partnership with the Global Media Unit and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The core team is based in the UK but this role may be based in any Save the Children Regional or Country office. However the role must be able to work 50% of UK core hours
- Enjoy working in a high paced environment with multiple projects and priorities, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- 1-2 years minimum experience of working in content / fundraising / communications
- Experience of providing administrative support for busy teams
- Excellent skills in proactively researching, identifying and chasing information to deliver engaging new content.
- Able to work independently and be able to take own initiative where required
- Diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent English writing skills, ideally with experience of writing up interviews / case for supports.
- Strong attention to visual and written detail
- A commitment and passion to work within an NGO environment
- Commitment to the best practice in ethical and production values for content gathering – constantly seeking to improve standards to ensure Save the Children leads the way for the industry.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of work.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s child protection policy.
- Experience of working for an international NGO or in international development context
- Knowledge of digital, fundraising, marketing products and channels.
- In-depth understanding of different types of content and uses
- Experience in using InDesign to design infographics and photo-shop for imagery.
- Experience of online archiving systems for photos and film.
- Passion for following market trends across NGO, media, corporate, consumer sectors – sharing inspiring ideas.
- Good working knowledge of at least one non-English language (in particular Arabic, French, Spanish)
We can offer circa £30,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 3 Aug 2022
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022 - 02:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time